Thursday, May 15, 2008

Last 2 weeks




It has been a very hectic 2-week at my home. I made the decision that the 2 dogs and me need more companies so we now have an international student leaving with us. She is here from Germany.with us for 7 weeks, I only had 2 days notice that she was on her way and we are having lots of fun.



On the 9th May was my beautiful mother 75th birthday. She is the most amazing lady, she came to Australia at the age of 35 with my dad and 5 kids and had other one here. Mum never works in till she game to Australian. Became a grand mother at the age of 38 and got her driving licenses at the age of 50. She became a widow at 55 when her youngest child was only 13th. Went all the way to England for the first time in her 50th. I made her a quilt that had some of her life in it. One hearts with the date of her birth, 2 hearts with the Year she got married and became a wife, 6 hearts with all the years of her children’s birth year, 8 hearts with all her grand children’s years of birth and 2 hearts with her 2 great grand children’s birth. Under each I added the all names she is know by that group.I already had made mum a quilt so this one I did was for her to use on all her trip. I use the Minky dots Fabric for the back. Spotlight has it for $12.95 a meter and tied the all quilt